Date:      Sun, 8 Nov 1998 21:07:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      garman@earthling.net
To:        green@unixhelp.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The infamous dying daemons bug

On  8 Nov, Brian Feldman wrote:
> Yech, that really isn't good having your process's memory disappearing
> under you... anyone have any idea why for instance I don't have this
> problem, nor do many others?

whats your swap usage look like?  this problem (for me at least) is
much much more likely to occur with a (relatively) high amount of swap
usage, usually in the 50-70% range (out of 150MB of swap)

enjoy
--
Jason Garman                                      http://garman.dyn.ml.org/
Student, University of Maryland                        garman@earthling.net