Date:      Sun, 18 Oct 1998 07:48:44 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        toj@gorilla.net (Tom Jackson)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panic

> I'm began running gpl_math_emulate so that the rc5des client would run on
> the Thinkpad. For your amusement, here's what I get if I change back to the
> straight math_emulate:
>
> -normal probes and swapon-
> /dev/wd0s1a: clean, 10064 [pid 10 (fsck),uid 0: exited on signal 10]
> Bus error
> Unknown error in reboot
> Enter root password...

Hmmm. This is interesting. I saw the same signal 10 on a 386EX system
last night when I was trying to help a friend with an embedded system
that he want to use FreeBSD on. I still don't know what the solution
is though. The strange thing is that it seems like fsck is almost
finished when this happens. It would go through al the steps and will
ask if it should mark the filesystem clean and only after that it
would give the bus error. The kernel is still the GENERIC kernel and
it is a 3.0 SNAP of a few days ago. Maybe the is something wrong
with our math emulation on processors without a math processor?

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za