Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 19:00:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
To:        deuerl@bugsy.indra.de (Robert Deuerling)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 8 character limit

> Hello,
>
> just another "silly" question...
>

> in what places do i have to change something to enable username
> with more than 8 characters ?

Somwhere in the kernel.  I'm not sure where.

It is a *very* bad idea to allow usernames longer than 8 charecters
because it may break many system utilities.  This is in the FAQ.

> thx
> -Robert

Dima Dorfman (dima@zwb.net)

Love your enemies: they'll go crazy trying to figure out what you're up to
FreeBSD Rules!  Micro$oft Sucks!  http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/