Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 14:32:27 -0600
From:      "Ryan Wehler" <ryan@nucentrix.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Fw: Maestro 3i 'stuttering'

 I've been trying to track down a problem with either the sound driver for
my  maestro3i sound or a dma conflict.. I'm really not sure what it is.

 I've noticed if I'm under reasonably heavy load (top reporting 50%+) that
my  sound will start to 'stutter' momentarily every once in a while, it's
sort of like this if it were in dialogue: "Hello Homer, Hello Marge..
where's BaRRRRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT ? He's at milhouses"..

 :/

 It's rather annoying to try and watch dvd discs and have that happen, it
happens with mplayer/xine/ogle/videolan.

 Any help would be appreciated.

The system is a 1ghz PIII laptop, 512mb ram, 30gb drive.. FreeBSD
4.5-CURRENT, DMA is turned on for my DVD drive....

Under XFree86-4.2.0 w/ Fluxbox 0.1.7.

No other users on the system