Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:36:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cvsup install dies uglyly

Hey all, I'm building a 4.6 Release box from scratch
and when I went into /usr/ports/net/cvsupit and told
it to "make install clean" it survived the make, but
during the install gave me this:

checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
updating cache ../.config.cache
*** Error code 1

Stop in
/usr/ports/devel/libtool/work/libtool-1.3.4/libltdl
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/libtool/work/libtool-1.3.4
.
.
.

So I meandered over to /usr/ports/net/cvsup and got:

ltconfig: unrecognized option '--disable-ltlibs'
Try 'ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed
*** Error code 1

Stop in
/usr/ports/devel/libtool/work/libtool-1.3.4/libltdl
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/libtool/work/libtool-1.3.4
.
.
.

Does anyone know what is breaking the cvs install?  It
*appears* to be the libtool port, but as I'm not a
coder (not a good one anyway) I can't be sure.  I
should point out that this box is being upgraded from
4.4 Release (so the hardware is good) and that I've
used this cd and procedure on about 5 different boxen
in the last two months (software good).  Clues? Help?
Bueller?  Thnx for any help.

=====