Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 1998 12:48:21 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jerry Dunham <dunham@dunham.org>
To:        wilko@yedi.iaf.nl (Wilko Bulte)
Cc:        mjacob@feral.com, Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com, grog@lemis.com, tom@sdf.com, dunham@dunham.org, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: very slow scsi performance

Nearly coherently, Wilko Bulte wrote (and I quote):
> From wilko@yedi.iaf.nl Fri Feb 20 08:19:10 1998

> As Matthew Jacob wrote...
> > >He's also talking about 2.5-inch drives.  So far as I know there aren't
> > Yes. Toshiba makes some. They're what're in the Alpha Multias.
> > About 300MB or so.
>
> Yep, tiny thing. There is an obvious problem with them: they use an
> exotic header connector pin spacing for the SCSI bus cable.

Very interesting.  I'd not heard of 2.5-inch SCSI drives before.  Where
are these things use?  If Toshiba is sticking one of these things in
their notebooks, I'm sure not aware of it.

--
Jerry Dunham                      GS650G                 Atarian ordinaire
jdunham@fc.net                                           (512)335-0674 (H)

        EARTH FIRST!  (We will stripmine the other planets later.)