Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 23:37:53 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   quota -q checks NFS-mounts

Hi.

I have installed quota's on a FreeBSD-current machine, which has
NFS mounts from a poorly-connected server. I put quota -q in the
system profile (/etc/profile), and discovered that logins were
severely delayed, because the quota command also checked quotas
on the NFS mounts, even though they're not marked as having
quotas.

Is there any way to force quota to ignore NFS mounts ?
I've temporarily removed quota -q from the /etc/profile

The relevant parts of my fstab are
/dev/wd0s1e		/home		ufs	rw,userquota	2	2
/dev/wd0s1f		/var		ufs	rw,userquota	2	2
host.dom.ain:/usr/	/nfs/usr	nfs     rw 		0 	0

Thanks in advance.
---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@os.org.za
http://khetan.os.org.za/      * Talk/Finger khetan@khetan.os.org.za
FreeBSD enthusiast            * http://www2.za.freebsd.org/
Stupidest quote heard : Who is this BSD, and why should we free him ?