Date:      Sun, 8 Sep 2002 17:41:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com>
To:        Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>, <dave@jetcafe.org>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Juli Mallett wrote:

> > I fail to believe that any single religion has sussed out the
> > totality of the nature of God, or His desires.  They are just
> > attempts at approximation.  Yet amazingly enough, each religion
> > claims an exclusive distribution arrangement for The Truth.
> >

> At least Hindus are nice enough to be accepting of other religions and
> are encouraged to go to worship services of those from other religions.

Even though their worldview isn't even cogent?  Why is "accepting of
other religions" such a righteous goal?  Yeesh, the postmodern West
really is anemic to truth.  By the way, why is it that we are being
called to never criticize anyone else's beliefs?  Inherent in the
premise is a contradiction, leading to criticism of certain beliefs
(e.g. Christianity).

> Back when I used to read alt.religion.wicca I frequently saw Hindu folks
> asking about attending rituals, etc., and I had a Hindu friend in
> highschool who at least once in the time that I knew her said she visited
> a Christian church.  She and I frequently discussed the ideas of all
> theological beliefs being part of The Great Understanding.
>
> I loathe being in the West sometimes.  At least I can get a nosering in
> the style of Desi women, and try to fit in!

I think you would loathe being in the East even more.

Neal