Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2001 13:32:10 -0500
From:      Chuck McCrobie <mccrobie@cablespeed.com>
Cc:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where does support stand?

It sounds that you're further along than I am.  My own FreeBSD firewire
driver has been langushing for about two years now.  It can attach,
setup up the controller for self-id reception, and reset the bus.

I'll look at the NetBSD code - Being only FreeBSD, I'll have to get a
distribution and install it...

I also looked at the WIDE project, but not in any depth.  It seems to be
new-bus-ifying for some time now...

>From my own standpoint, it would be interesting to do the driver from
scratch, but with a severe time restraints, it probably would be more
productive to attempt a port from NetBSD.

Thanks for the update.

Chuck McCrobie