Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:55:16 +1000
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        "."@babolo.ru
Cc:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: all ports committers urged to opt in

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 08:49:46AM +0400, "."@babolo.ru wrote:

> > > OK
> > > How can I opt-in without cookies?
> >
> > You can't.  The whole login process revolves around them.
> Bad

It's a choice.

You either do HTTP authentication (which is easy to code but hard
to logoff from) or you do application authentication (which is hard
to code but easy to logoff from).

I prefer HTTP authentication myself (because it's easy to code :-)
but I've made a small library for application authentication so
it's now easy to code too :-)

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org