Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2010 16:48:16 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
Subject:   Re: need help with BElkin KVM and USB mouse problems.

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:09:43PM +0200, Stefan Bethke wrote:
> Am 12.10.2010 um 20:17 schrieb Gary Kline:
>
> > The USB keyboard works fine everywhere. But my USB mouse fails on
> > the FreeBSD platforms when I try to run X11.  I *have* managed to get
> > the mouse working without X [i.e., in console mode]; and yes, the
> > cursor and the buttons work fine.  But once I launch X--even simple
> > apps like twm or ctwm, the mouse pointer is dead.
>
> It doesn't sound like this issue is connected to your using a KVM at all, but rather your X configuration.  If you have a second USB mouse, try plugging that in in addition to the KVM and see if there's any difference; I'm guessing not.
>
> Check you X config, and make sure dbus and hald are enabled in rc.conf and started.

	A friend on -questions suggested that hal might be interfering.
	I axed it from /etc/rc.conf.

	Given that both mouse+keyboard are USB, what port should I be
	using... ?  I have tried editing my xorg.conf file.  Zip so far.

	I'll have my wife switch from my "Logitech" to an el-cheapo M$
	USB mouse.  See if anything happens...

	thanks,

	gary