Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:48:07 -0600
From:      Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KDE icon changing and permissions.

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 10:20 am, Chris wrote:
> Hiya folks,
>
> 	I finally was able to work past my overheating and KDE issues. I'm proudly
> running 3.2.0 now.
>
> 	Was wondering, I prefer to use icons of my own on the task bar. I normally
> like to have Konqueror there with a differant icon. The issue however, is
> that I am unable to. The locale of this seems to be in
> /usr/local/share/applications/kde/konqbrowser.desktop
>
> The permissions are root and root alone. Can I safely get by this by either
> changing it to me, or create another with only me as  the permission
> holder?
>
> Your thoughts...

Allow me to expand - This is KDE 3.2.0 Under 3.1.4 the normal way of changing
the icon works well (right-click on the current icon and choose Properties.
When the window for properties pops up, click the icon then choose another
one from one of the collections (a default collection will appear for you to
make your choice from).

However, there are more permissions to deal with under 3.2.0 - the default
permissions are set to root and only root can change them.

Again, refering to the location of
/usr/local/share/applications/kde/konqbrowser.desktop
as an example.

--
Best regards,
Chris