Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 1999 10:34:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <robert@cyrus.watson.org>
To:        "Ilmar S. Habibulin" <ilmar@ints.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ACL-0.1.1.tgz: updated for -CURRENT, some bugfixes

On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Ilmar S. Habibulin wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Robert Watson wrote:
>

> > Changes since last time:
> >
> > 4.0-CURRENT support
> > vop_generic_getacl fixed (was pretty broken)
> > acl_to_text now handles userids without usernames in pwd.db
> Is -current posix target platform now?

Probably, but I'm still concerned that -CURRENT is not stable enough to
develop on cleanly.  I hope to get the API/vnops/etc into -CURRENT, but
probably continue my own work on -RELEASE and port it forwards to -CURRENT
intermittently.  The problem is that the 4.0 feature freeze is in a week,
and then it will get stable but they won't accept new features. :-)  If we
could get ACLs in, even without storage in FFS, that would be a great step
forwards.

My guess is auditing won't be ready for 4.0, but hopefully will be for
whatever the next major 4.x release is.  We might want to get MAC and
Capabilities in around then, although if you're reached final conclusions
on changes to the vnops and syscalls for capabilities we could try and get
them in now.

  Robert N M Watson