Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 08:06:29 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib005.iib.unsam.edu.ar>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: access ATAPI CDROM from cdrdao/cdrecord

Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib005.iib.unsam.edu.ar> types:
> Mike Meyer (mwm@mired.org) commented the following on "Re: access ATAPI CDROM from cdrdao/cdrecord":
> > Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar> types:
> > > I haven't found anything in the handbook and searching the freebsd mailing archives is a pain ...
> > Well, the answers are in the mail list archives.
> Actually after re-reading my mail I noticed that the meaning of what I said is different than what I tried to say ... happens once in a while when english is not your native language.
> What I wanted to say was that searching the archives is a pain BECAUSE the search engine is a pain. Not all lists are archived and searching with several words almost always produces no results. So I did search the topic, but got no clues.

Could you please insert newlines into your text every 60 or 70
characters?  Failing to do so makes reading them with UMAs that follow
the RFCs a pain.

And yes, you're right - the search engines are a pain. I've submitted
at least one PR on it. If someone knows of a place that archvies all
the FreeBSD mail lists and has a good search engine, I'd like to hear
about it.

> Still I have some questions, how does you FreeBSD users extract audio from a CD-ROM?

Personally, I use tosha.

> Right now I'm using my SCSI CD-writer. But if i didn't have SCSI at all I would be left with what?

Got me. I don't have any IDE drives in my workstation.

	<mike