Date:      Mon, 09 Feb 1998 14:15:08 +0100
From:      Helmut Wirth <wirth@zerberus.hai.siemens.co.at>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MMX, pentium, etc

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Sorry I forgot to mentioned that a little while ago someone posted
> patches to gcc to add MMX instruction set so do a mail search
> over at http://www.freebsd.org to find out who posted it.
>
>         Cheers,
>         Amancio

> with "unsubscribe hackers" in the body of the message
Hello,
I think you are reffering to my patches for gas and gdb. They are
archived as a change request / bug report. Look into problem reports
(under Search GNATS database), it has the number gnu/3157. I *know*
the patches itself are still usable with freebsd-current. The old
instructions included with them may be slightly wrong because of
changed paths.

Alternatively you could use binutils-2.8.1 (from gnu). It includes
gas with MMX instructions. But then you cannot debug your programs.

--
Helmut F. Wirth