Date:      Sun, 09 May 1999 08:54:43 -0700
From:      Anthony Hoelzle <pentium@cio.net>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   named and samba

When I boot, named and samba startup, then for 3 days, samba doesn't
work, on the third day, named quits and samba starts working just
fine, when I restart named, it stops and when I try to kill named
after that, (before it quits on the 3rd day) I get errors like this:

date&time hostname named[pid]: database.filename:2:Database error ()
date&time hostname named[pid]: database.filename:3:Database error ()
date&time hostname named[pid]: database.filename:4:Database error ()
date&time hostname named[pid]: database.filename:5:Database error ()
date&time hostname named[pid]: database.filename:6:Database error ()
date&time hostname named[pid]: Zone "my.domain" (file
database.filename)
: no SOA RR found
date&time hostname named[pid]: master zone "my.domain" (IN) rejected
due
to errors (serial 0)
date&time hostname named[pid]: Ready to answer queries.

thanks