Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:17:39 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org>
Cc:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: MINUID in NIS Makefile

In the last episode (Feb 20), Antoine Jacoutot said:
> Is there a way to use the MINUID and MINGID options in a NIS Makefile
> or is it Linux only ? Indeed, with large networks when new users
> arrive or leave, it is a pain to have to copy then edit the
> master.passwd file each time a change occurs.

You'll have to tell us what those options mean before we can tell you
whether there is an equivalent.  You don't need to copy
/var/yp/master.passwd to edit it; just make the change and run "make".
If you want the ability to script changes, use the pw command with the
flags "-V /var/yp -y", tells it to manipulate the NIS passwd files
instead of the ones in /etc and to run "make" automatically.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com