Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 23:42:41 +0530
From:      "Sanjay Bhattacharya" <sanbh@gmx.net>
To:        "Martin Klaffenboeck" <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: can't telnet anything on port 25

Believe me, this is a firewall problem. The remote machine
(skytrackwhatever) , in your case might be having a firewall which is
blocking an SMTP connection generating from an arbitrary port from your
machine. You can try telnetting to other smtp servers. You can find the smtp
server for a domain by the command :
host -t mx blahblah.com

rgds,
Sanjay