Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2007 12:07:52 +0100
From:      Thomas Sparrevohn <Thomas.Sparrevohn@btinternet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weird Issue with nv 2.1.2 Driver

--Boundary-00=_JkeoG6E+S8DX8rZ

Hi

I am struggling with the nv driver - It does not allow me to use the 1280x1024 mode with my monitor even when I configure
the VertHertz etc. manually - However the same configuration file works just fine when I am using the vesa driver instead?

Now the really weird thing is that if I generate a configuration file using X -configure it generates a configuration file where
even the vesa mode - while entering the correct resolution gets the Wrong Vert and Hortz settings - So some module seems
to overwrite the manually entered values

Does anybody have an Idea? I would love to be able to use the NV driver in a higher resolution than 1024x768?

PS. The Machine has two nVidia 8800 GTX SLI configured cards with one monitor connected

--Boundary-00=_JkeoG6E+S8DX8rZ--