Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 1998 12:11:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Josephes <cjoseph@mr.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   vx driver and 3Com 3c905

I just installed FreeBSD 2.2.7 on a PentiumII and I'm using a 3Com 3c905
NIC card to access my lan.  I understand that the device driver should be
vx0, but FreeBSD is claiming that the device doesn't exist (The sysinstall
program doesn't detect it either).

I recompiled the kernel after making sure that it was listed in the
confiruation, but it still isn't being detected,

I think I may be getting an error when the PCI bus is being probed, but
I'm not 100 percent sure.

I checked the BIOS and made sure that Plug and Play detection was
disabled.  What else should I be checking??

 Chris Josephes      __/       MRNet   \
 chrisj@mr.net    __/ http://www.mr.net/