Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:42:17 -0500
From:      "John Brooks" <john@day-light.com>
To:        "'Greg Magnusson'" <glm@cyborgspiders.com>
Cc:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: mysql_install

Assuming the following:

1) you have root control of the box
2) you have correctly installed the 'ports system'
3) you have correctly updated ports via cvsup
4) you are able to properly configure the applications

Note: the ports system compiles applications from source
      code, this is NOT installing pre-compiled binaries
      as would be the case with 'pkg_add'

Follow these steps:

1) cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql40-server
   make
   make install
2) cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl
   make