Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 2000 00:54:50 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Paul=20Jansen?= <vlaero@yahoo.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help mounting DVD drive

I just installed FreeBSD 4.1 via CD-ROM.  It turned
out that the installation process didn't recognise my
DVD-ROM as a CD-ROM device, so I swapped a regular
CD-ROM in there for the duration of the install.
After the install I put the DVD-ROM back in  it's
place.
The error the DVD-ROM gets when FreeBSD boots is:

identify retries exceeded

It seems as though FreeBSD can't determine what the
DVD-Rom drive is.

My /etc/fstab is below:

# Device		Mountpoint	FStype	Options		Dump	Pass#
/dev/ad0s3b		none		swap	sw		0	0
/dev/ad0s3a		/		ufs	rw		1	1
/dev/ad0s3f		/usr		ufs	rw		2	2
/dev/ad0s3e		/var		ufs	rw		2	2
/dev/acd0c		/cdrom	cd9660	ro,noauto	0	0
proc			/proc		procfs	rw		0	0

When I try to do and 'ls' of /cdrom it comes back with
nothing (there is a disk in the drive).  I've also
tried mount /cdrom but I get the error:

cd9660: device not configured

Is there anything I can do to get this to work?

Thanks.