Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 03:19:31 -0400
From:      Chris Johnson <cjohnson@palomine.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What constitutes a new version?

I'm a recent convert to FreeBSD, and I'm a little confused about what
constitutes a new version. For example, I have 2.2.6 and have been keeping it
cvsupped on a regular basis. I understand that 2.2.7 is slated to be released
next week. If I cvsup my 2.2.6 installation (and make world and rebuild my
kernel) after 2.2.7 is released, will I have 2.2.7, and if not, what will be
the difference between what I have and whatever 2.2.7 is, and what would I do
to upgrade it to 2.2.7?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Johnson