Date:      15 Dec 1998 12:30:19 +0200
From:      Antti Kaipila <anttik@iki.fi>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Source address

I have a interesting problem here. I have FreeBSD accting as a router
between our LAN and Internet. I have a ET5025 card as interface eth0 and
Intel EtherExpress as interface fxp0.

eth0 has address 10.156.214.2 and remote ends address is 10.156.214.1.
fxp0 has address 195.74.8.138

So, now when I try to connect from this machine acting as router to
anywhere on the internet my source address get set to
10.156.214.2. Which is not nice, because all routers are dropping my
packets thinking they should'nt be routed (that's the right thing to
do ofcourse).

Is there any way around this?

Thanks.

--