Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 15:57:39 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PS/2-based Intellimouse query

Hi.

I've got a PS/2-based Microsoft Intellimouse, which I'd
like to use. Moused in 3.0-current doesn't seem to like it
(it says ps2!=intellimouse), and assumes that it's a ps/2
mouse (I'm using moused -t intellimouse -p /dev/psm0)

Using XFree86 3.3.2, I've got in the XF86Config file
the mouse chosen as a Intellimouse, on port /dev/sysmouse

The mouse works in XFree86, but the "roll ball" doesn't
work. Does anyone have any ideas ? I'm rebuilding
X, because I think it's a old version, but any
ideas would be helpful. Thanks.
---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@iafrica.com ; khetan@os.org.za
http://www.os.org.za/~khetan  * Talk/Finger khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za
UUNET Internet Africa Support * FreeBSD enthusiast-www2.za.freebsd.org
FreeBSD is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside!