Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:20:35 +0100
From:      "Mark Hughes" <mark@dvdnews.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Stateful rules timeout on IPFW

Hi,

I've just set up IPFW on my FreeBSD gateway box, and while we can sign in
to MSN Messenger from any of the internal windows clients, with no activity
the client gets signed out automatically after a period of time (althoguh
it doesn't tell you that you've been signed out, just no=one can see you
online...).

I'm almost certain this is due to the dynamic rule on IPFW timing out, so,
is there any way of putting an increadibly long timeout value on the rules,
so this doesn't happen? I'm thinking something like 24 hours would be the
sort of thing I was looking at. This would mean of course that all dynamic
rules were open for that long (unless someone can thing of some way of
allowing just the MSN signin ones to remain with the others closing), but I
think I can cope with that.

IS there any way of doing this?

Thanks,
Mark