Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:12:10 -0400
From:      George Morgan <gemorga2@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems booting IBM 18LZX on Adaptec 39160

Does anyone have experience with IBM Ultra 160 drives with the Adaptec
39160?  I know that FreeBSD 4.0 doesn't currently support the 160 MB/s
speed, but I can't get *any* os to boot on the IBM 18 GB Ultra160 10k
rpm drive.  It is attached to Channel A of an Adaptec 39160 using the
cable and terminator which comes with the kit.  The board is installed
in a 32bit 33mhz PCI slot. (which it supposedly supports)  I can boot
CD-ROMs (the method I used for the install) using this controller, but
have not successfully booted a disk.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.   I am subscribed to the
freebsd-scsi list so you don't need to copy the response to my address
also.

If your response is not freebsd related (you have booted NT or 98 on one
of these drives) please direct the response directly to me.

Thank you for your time.