Date:      Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:37:51 -0700
From:      "Michael J. Ruhl" <mruhl@cips.nokia.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM Thinkpad A21p

Howdy,

I have an IBM Thinkpad A21p with an ATI Rage 128 Mobility video card.

I have been trying to get FreeBSD 4.6/XFree86 4.2 working with limited
success.  Is there something magic need to do the Xconfig?

I have tried using the /stand/sysinstall path and the graphical
version fails to load.  Trying the text based got me through the
config, but I didn't see any support for the ATI Rage 128 Mobility
video listed.

I also tried doing X -probeonly and a few other things along those
lines.  In some logs I can see that an ATI driver is being loaded, but
it never seems to make it into graphics mode.

Any tips on making this work would be welcomed. :)

Thanks!

Mike