Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 1996 11:00:14 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Michael Reifenberger <root@totum.plaut.de>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CCD questions

Hi,
is it possible to have ones rootpartition mirrored?
(ccdconfig -c ccd0 /dev/sd0a /dev/sd1a)

I would like to load the kernel from /dev/sd0a
and do a ccdconfig -C before mounting the root r/w.

The questions:
Does CCD mirrored devices need some space on the harddisk
	for itself?
Can I use the original partitions after mirroring?
	(I tried a fsck /dev/rsd0a, which failed)
How do I notice, if one partition of the mirrors go bad and what happens
	then? Can I use the remainder partition ? Can I extract the files
	from the valid partition?
What if I reboot and only have one part of the mirror?
	Could we have some model of initiating the mirror with one half
	and adding the second half?

Bye!
----
Michael Reifenberger