Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:42:46 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@bsd.hu>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG, ade@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: libiconv build broken after upgrade for non-root?

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 09:12:48PM +0200, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> This is known problem, there is even a PR on this, and some time ago
> Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org> told that he is going to fix it. However,
> if you have a patch to solve the problem please submit it - I'll try
> to address it.
>
> -Maxim

Thanks for the hint, I checked PR 32207 which I assume you were talking
about, it seems it is (was?) a related problem but not the same thing.
And it is dated from 22nd Nov last year, while I have rebuilt the port
for the last time on 1st February. But, to be honest, I am not sure if i
did it as root (sometimes I just get lazy and let the ports pull in
their own dependencies which needs root.)

In any case, I will try to come up with a solution, the problem is that
at one point the build tries to run a "make install-lib" in
libiconv-1.7/libcharset/lib, which does just that. Frankly, I do not
understand this. At first glance there is no way this could work under
Linux, either, unless people have gotten so lazy in the meantime that
they compile all software as root... (brrr.:-)

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Szombathely Hungary