Date:      Fri, 3 Jun 2005 21:53:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   scripts for working with rcs?

I am looking for some ideas or scripts for working with rcs (or roll your
own) to help with the following:

A project I use doesn't have any public CVS, but have snapshot tarballs.

So I want to download via cron each night, extract and do a "ci"
check-in.

I will be making my own local modifications also (which may conflict). So
I want to merge in the changes via rcsmerge (and diff3 -E style).

I am hoping to automate all this. Basically, I am trying to recreate "cvs
up -dP" behaviour that will merge in my own changes cleanly or add
conflict lines (if necessary), so I can easily share my "rcsdiff -u"
changes.

I guess rcs is not needed, but anything to automate the rcsmerge/diff3
type work would be good.

I guess I could have a directory with my work. And a directories with
previous snapshot and latest daily snapshot. Then script this daily
download, extraction, running diff3 and replace my version with the new
diff3 -E result.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/