Date:      Sat, 29 May 1999 21:36:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dan@math.berkeley.edu (Dan Strick)
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        dan@math.berkeley.edu
Subject:   Re: Anyone staying at the Double Tree for Freenix?

> Tuesday night?  Is that the plan?  Doesn't sound too good to me: not
> everybody will be there by that time.  I will, but I'll be pretty
> jet-lagged.  I was expecting Thursday.

I strongly favor Tuesday night.  Wednesday is the conference reception.
Thursday is the next most crowded evening.  In addition to the BoFs,
I expect most hostility suites to be scheduled for Thursday night.
Many people will be leaving Friday afternoon.  That leaves Tuesday night.

Almost everyone attending the techinical conference will be here by
Tuesday night.  Conference registration will close at 5:00 pm.
We should choose a dinner organizer by "concensus".  That person
can scope the layout earlier on Tuesday and post notices in the
registration area indicating a place and time to collect.

I think the real issue should be time.  Do we want to go for
dinner very early (say 5:00 pm) to minimize conflict with BoFs
or do we want to go late (say 8:00 or 9:00 pm) to collect
the largest number of late arrivals?

(I personally don't care much.  I will be arriving on Saturday.)

Dan Strick
dan@math.berkeley.edu

P.S. Those of you in the Bay Area who want to car pool should check
out the link on <http://www.bafug.org/bafug_events.html>.
I don't have any volunteers yet.