Date:      Fri, 16 Dec 2016 13:24:55 +0100 (CET)
From:      Maxence Sartiaux <contact@makz.me>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Policy base routing & GW on same subnet

Hello

I've a problem with a pfsense, unfortunately, i've already asked to pfsense forum but nobody can respond me so i think it's more a bsd issue.

I have multiple gateway, two of them are in the same subnet / interface (my default 192.168.0.5 & my second one 192.168.0.1)

I create a rule base matching on source and route the traffic to my second gateway. (the rule match properly)

But the traffic is always routed to my default gateway.

When i use an other gateway which are on a different subnet, the traffic is properly routed to the other gateway.

I've tried on differents subnet, differents interfaces, it look like bsd route the traffic to the latest added gateway when there are multiple gateway on a same subnet.

Is it a BSD or pfSense issue ?

Thank you.