Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 1997 01:22:50 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Sunthiti Patchararungruang <stt@pluto.cpe.ku.ac.th>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need Help about BPF

Dear Sir,

	I am a master student. My thesis is in the topic of computer
network. I need to know that if I has a complete IP packet, already
encapsulated with IP header, and I would like to send it to a specified
interface, how can I do that. However, my IP packet does not have any
information about Datalink layer address. Do I need to manage the address
by myself.

	Someone in FreeBsd.org told me that I should use BPF. I rarely
have the document about it, only have BPF(4) man-page and BPF data in
ftp.ee.lbl.gov. If you also recommend BPF, please tell me where I can find
the information about it.

Best Regards,
Sunthiti Patchararungruang