Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:09:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Thomas Cannon <tcannon@noops.org>
To:        Reed Porada <porada@itd.nrl.navy.mil>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Need help installing 3.3 freebsd

It would sound like it's not actually getting into the FTP server, or
finding the files. Perhaps a password or permissions issue?

On the FTP server, do you see the FreeBSD box logging in, or trying to?

Does your DHCP server see the new box requesting an IP, and is it giving
it one?

Incidentally, it might be something like an ethernet card that's too new
or something... 3.3 is rather old. 4.5 was released yesterday. I don't
know what sort of connection you've got, but I'd download something more
current as a first step, if at all possible.

Cheers,

Thomas