Date:      Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:33:58 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone Using the New Free Mulberry Mail Client?

--==========137F34E32F16E7AA116A==========

--On Friday, September 01, 2006 13:41:45 +0100 RW=20
<list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com> wrote:

> On Friday 01 September 2006 08:30, Pete Slagle wrote:
>> RW wrote:
>> > Has anyone got this working?  If you just run the binary it opens and
>> > can be be configured to read an imap  mailbox, but a lot of the error
>> > and warning pop-up boxes are missing text and buttons. There are
>> > probably other problems, but without the error messages it's hard to
>> > say.
>>
>> Is this relevant?
>
> Not any more, but that wiki entry was created several hours after I
> posted.
>
>> http://trac.mulberrymail.com/mulberry/wiki/linuxproblems
>
> That fixed the problems with text. I hope a proper package can be made
> out of  this - having installed files and user data under ~/.mulberry
> would be a pain  to maintain.

I'm working on an update to the port, which I will submit to the =
maintainer.

In the meantime, the problem is that you need to have the xml files in the=20
Resources directory in a directory of the same name under your ~/.mulberry=20
directory, but it's not created when you initiate Mulberry for the first=20
time.

You can easily correct this by creating a symlink:

ls -s /usr/local/lib/mulberry/Resources/ ~/.mulberry/

That will solve your problem.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas