Date:      Sat, 27 Jun 1998 19:23:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Igor Roshchin <igor@physics.uiuc.edu>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, igor@alecto.physics.uiuc.edu (Igor Roshchin)
Subject:   Re: (FWD) QPOPPER REMOTE ROOT EXPLOIT

> > THere seems to be yet another similar buffer overflow
> > in pop_log.c
>
> Fixed.  Please cvsup the latest ports collection and make sure
> that ports/mail/popper is updated - all the new patches are in
> ports/mail/popper/patches/patch-ag.
>
> - Jordan

Jordan,

I've just downloaded "popper" directory from
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/.25/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/mail
It is still missing patch for the "UIDL" problem
(pop_dropcopy.c)

Several people had suggestion looking like:
if (strlen(cp) >= 128) cp[127] = 0;

before the line 497 as it appears in that file after patch-ad is applied.
(originally, I believe, before  459 )

May be I am missing something, but I don't think that patch-ad,  which is
so far the only patch realted to pop_dropcopy.c addressed this problem

Regards,

IgoR