Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 09:33:33 +1000
From:      "Joshua Matthews" <jmatthews@ieaust.org.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Crash - Reboot NFS server 4.1-RELEASE  -> Alpha 4.0

Hi.

I installed 4.1rel onto a machine that had been running 98 / linux for a
while. All was well. Then I had need to use its disk space via nfs from =
the
Alpha. No problem I thought, connected alpha to the new 4.1 box with=20
something like:     mount -t nfs rsize=3D1024 wsize=3D1024 lisa:/u2 /mnt
lisa is the FreeBSD4.1 machine

I kept the exact command I used but its not here :-( It was something=20
like the above. I did a couple of small dumps OK. Then I started a =7E4Gig =
dump.
Got to around half a Gig, I was starting to think all was well when the =
ed0 light
stopped blinking. I ran to the keyboard, no respose. While I dumbly =
stared=20
at the machine, it rebooted. That solved my immediate problem of what to =
do=21
I ended the trial.=20

I did not have any intr type switches, should I have? I had hoped FreeBSD =
/ nfs
had matured in the 3 years since it let me down last. Should this have =
worked?
Why did my 4.1 machine reboot=21? Can this work or should I look at =
alternatives?

TIA

Josh