Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2007 13:03:30 +0200
From:      Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@schweikhardt.net>
To:        freebsd-standards <freebsd-standards@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: First rudimentary version of the cflow utility

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 10:43:15AM +0200, Marcus von Appen wrote:
# Hi,
#
# as I wrote in the middle of the last year I started to work on an own
# implementation of the cflow utility for FreeBSD, so it can be imported
# into the main src tree without any legal issues.
#
# A first rudimentary version for C file graphs is now ready and can be
# downloaded from http://sysfault.org/freebsd/cflow.tar.gz
#
# Executing ./cgraph sourcefile.c should print out a nice call graph of
# the source file.

I know it's likely too early, but a good test for fitness is to
verify if it can deal with the source of the base system. If you
want to be more thorough, check all the ports as well (or a large
number of the big ones; xorg, openoffice, ..)

# The cgraph utility currently does not implement the arguments as
# specified by the POSIX standard, but keep in mind that it is a really
# early work in progress ;-).

Okay, I understand.

# It can deal with plain C source files and currently does not take
# includes or macro substitutions into account although a later version
# should do, so that both, function definitions and macros, can be
# resolved correctly.

Ha, so you got the easy stuff done, now for the hard part :-)

Regards,

	Jens
--
Jens Schweikhardt http://www.schweikhardt.net/