Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:23:19 -0700
From:      "Sean Hamilton" <sh@planetquake.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Beep after shutdown

Greetings,

The fact that FreeBSD does not beep after it finishes shutting down has
costed me dozens of hours of reformatting inconsistent filesystems, and
probably all sorts of little bits of data loss which I'm just unaware of.
I've tried to hack this into the kernel myself, without much luck. The best
I got it to do was start beeping but never end, since the timer related
stuff had already been killed off. This wound up being more irritating than
useful.

Anybody clueful want to point me in the right direction?

thanks,

sh