Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 08:57:01 -0700
From:      "Rick Moore" <rick@geckobot.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   File Handle Troubles

Hi-- I apologize if this is well known.  I couldn't find the answers in the
documentation.

I have a server which is running out of file handles.  Can someone tell me
what command(s) to use to figure out where the file handle leak is?

Also, I have another server which needs more file handles (no leaks on this
one, though).  I didn't see any kernel options to bump it up for the entire
system.  Did I miss something?  Is there someplace to set this?

Thanks in advance!

Rick