Date:      Wed, 30 May 2001 14:21:50 -0500
From:      Tony Wells <awells@journalstar.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   rl0 not working after compiling kernel with pcm

Hi all,

I just tried to get sound support working on my machine and I obviously
messed something up.

I compiled the kernel with the following lines
device  pcm
device  pcm0  at isa? port? irq 10 drq 1 flags 0x0

Everything compiled and the new kernel booted, but I couldn't ping
anything.  So I went ahead and rebooted on the old kernel.  Same
problem, I can't ping anything and the machine can't be pinged.
Everything worked before trying to add sound support.

Link light, ifconfig, netstat -rn, and dmesg all look fine, but for all
intents and purposes the NIC is dead.

The machine is a Hewlett Packard Brio BA with the NIC and sound on the
mother board.  I have a feeling I just setup some sort of IRQ conflict,
or something got tweaked that I don't know about.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

TIA,
Tony Wells