Date:      Fri, 06 Aug 1999 16:55:30 +0300
From:      "Andy V. Oleynik" <andyo@prime.net.ua>
To:        fuzz zzuf <fuzz_zzuf@excite.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel compile trouble

I dont think this is only reason. Couple years ago when I had
this errors in just software situation which I thouht was raised
by insn inconsistansies. My suggesstion is to cvsup sources again
and rebuld world.
Jonathan Chen wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Aug 1999, fuzz zzuf wrote:
>
> > Hello.....I'm trying to set up IPFW and added:
> > options     IPFIREWALL
> > options     IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
> > to the F_KERNEL then did /user/sbin/config F_KERNEL .  I then cd
> > ../../compile/F_KERNEL and did make depend .  After that I did make but
> > before I could do make install I get:
> > cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
> > *** Error code 1
>
> Internal compiler errors like these tend to be caused by bad memory
> chips. A kernel compile is a good way to check for bad chips.
>
> Jonathan Chen

WBW  Andy V. Oleynik            (When U work in virtual office
prime.net.ua's                   U have good chance to obtain
system administrator             virtual money ö%-)
+380442448363