Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 22:40:51 +0000
From:      Tony <kojak@i.am>
To:        ivona <ivona@triada.bg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help with PPP

ivona wrote:

> that there is no traffic at all , netscape cannot find the requested
> servers, ftp does not find the hosts, nothing. Please can somebody help
> me and tell me what is wrong with what i'm doing. I tried 'add default
> HISADDR' after the second prompts but stil nothing. Could somebody
> please explain how to log in and conect to the internet. I am given a
> dynamic IP address and get a login: password prompt:
> I would appreciate any help!

  Hi, Well I'm a bit of a newbie myself so I'm no expert but I've
recently configured my ppp connection and It sounds like you haven't
configured any entries for your domain name server (hence netscape
cannot find any url addressed). What you need to do is create a file
/etc/resolv.conf with the dns entries specified as follows;-
nameserver 158.43.240.4
nameserver 158.43.240.3

please note, these are _my_ isp dns entries, please use your own
providers dns entries.
  Hope it helps, sorry if it doesn't but I followed the FreeBSD handbook
and I got it working ok.

Tony