Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:54:41 +0800 (MYT)
From:      Dinesh Nair <dinesh@alphaque.com>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
Cc:        staticblackz <ebay01@chatusa.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Hotspots

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Bruce A. Mah wrote:

> If memory serves me right, staticblackz wrote:
>
> > I am trying to build a hotspot for freebsd I was wondering how
> > something like this would be made, is there already one out there I
> > can use. I would need it to redirect users to some web page ran off
> > apache that can send their logon info to the radius server also
> > making it so they can't browse the net until they were authenticated
> > with the radius server.
>
> Recent beta versions of m0n0wall (a FreeBSD-based firewall) have
> captive portal support.  I haven't tried this feature personally, but
> I'm pretty sure there's RADIUS support.

there is RADIUS authentication support in m0n0wall's captive portal.
RADIUS accounting will soon be added in, when i've completed testing of
that module. m0n0wall's captive portal also handles pass-through MAC
addresses and IP address, i.e. clients which can pass through the captive
portal without authenticating.