Date:      Wed, 20 Apr 2016 12:48:24 -0700
From:      Navdeep Parhar <nparhar@gmail.com>
To:        Steven Crangle <Steven@stream-technologies.com>, "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Netmap seems to randomly cause Kernel panic on shutdown

On 04/05/2016 01:30, Steven Crangle wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm looking for a bit of help to track down the reason behind this
> kernel panic, it seems like netmap works fine for the majority of the
> time, but occasionally it will cause the box to kernel panic.
>

> The machine is running FreeBSD Current from a few weeks ago (Rev
> 296937)

Doesn't seem to be the case.  The uname -a in the attachment indicates
it's FreeBSD 10.2-R-p10.  The stack also shows netmap_do_regif calling
netmap_do_unregif and only 10.x's netmap_do_regif does that.

As to the actual failure, it appears that netmap_do_regif on the cxl
interface failed and something on the error path caused panic.

Please try with HEAD, or try to figure out why netmap_do_regif failed.

Regards,
Navdeep