Date:      23 Mar 2000 13:35:19 -0500
From:      Edward Ajhar <ajhar@physics.miami.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux RealPlayer 7

Has anyone gotten the Linux RealPlayer 7 (beta version of a couple
weeks ago) to work on 3.4-stable?  I had RealPlayer G2 (beta) working
until it expired(!).  The older "rvplayer" (5.0) in the ports works
fine, but it can't do all the formats which are used on net these
days, like the newest RealNetworks formats.

When I run the new RealPlayer, I just get back an immediate shell
prompt.  There are no run-time messages or any kernel messages logged
anywhere.  The program just exits immediately without a peep.  Does
anyone know anything about this?  Thanks in advance.