Date:      Sun, 3 Dec 2000 20:13:55 +0800
From:      Lim Wee Guan <weeguan@hem.passagen.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape 6.0

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 10:51:20PM +0100, Manfred Usselmann wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Dec 2000 08:24:54 +0800 (SGT), Lim Wee Guan wrote:
>
> >I installed netscape 6.0 for linux with no difficulty, but it appears full of bugs namely,
> >
> >1)  No access to https sites
>
> I had success with https after deactivating ssl 3 and tls in the security manager.
>
> Manfred

Hi Manfred,

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I tried to access the security
manager in the tasks menu, and it completely froze XFree86 3.3.6. Not
really froze it, but I was unable to switch windows as the pointer
remained over the netscape menu item. I was forced to do a
CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE to kill X and then restarting the X-server.

Perhaps just a warning to anyone trying this tip should be careful to
save all the data in other X-apps before attempting this tip. YMMV.  ;-)

As for me, I'll just leave netscape 6 as it is...  ;-)

Regards,

Wee Guan.