Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:33:30 -0600
From:      "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT: printing over the internet

Searching the internet, I found that lpd uses port 515 and Internet
Printing uses port 631.

Do I have to install anything special to enable Internet Printing?  I
currently use apsfilter to configure my Okidata B4350 (with postscript
upgrade).

Is port 515 for local printing only?  If I have my router forward port
515 and add a '+' to /etc/hosts.lpd, should print serving work over the
internet without the Internet Printing protocol?

Thanks,

Andrew Gould