Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:25:02 -0500
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Rick" <ric@home.com>
Subject:   Re: mykernel wont make

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 01:53:28 -0500, Rick wrote:

>this custom kernel configs ok but i get error code 1 if i try to make it
>any ideas on why?
>
>i ran make depend first,
>it gives a bunch of undefined symbol errors before it goes to error code 1,
>stop.

You should have included the actual error messages. You could use the
script command before running the config on the kernel config file
which will save everything into a file.

Anyway, I think your problem is caused by commenting out the SCSI bus
0:
#controller	scbus0

device		da0

device		sa0

device		pass0

You've left in SCSI controllers and devices, but commented out the SCSI
bus0
Change:
#controller	scbus0
To:
controller	scbus0

And try again... HTH

Unix systems measure "uptime" in years, Winblows measures it in minutes.